This document explains about DoorDash drive, where the DoorDash integration a provides driver for Web orders.
The system will be sending order details to DoorDash which in turn will assign a driver to the respective order, then the driver status can be tracked.
Implementation in Linga OLO
A new check box called DoorDash drive must be available in BO >> Store >> Settings >> Application Settings >> Enable DoorDash Drive for online order
· If the check box is unselected, the system will work as in process
· If the check box is selected, the system will work as explained below
· Linga Linga OLO will be sending out certain order details like: store pick up address, customer address, pick up time, delivery time etc. Based on this, DoorDash will check if the order is valid. If DoorDash confirms the order is a valid order, then Linga OLO will allow the user to place the order. If DoorDash confirms the order is not valid, then the relevant error message will be shown in Linga OLO . The user can rectify the same and place order again.
· If DoorDash confirms the valid order, a delivery fee will be sent to Linga OLO , which will be shown in order summary and the total will be re-calculated based on the delivery fee. Also, a new place holder should be included in the Linga OLO page to show the note: “Delivery fee will be updated after placing the order.”
Step 1: Delivery Estimation
LINGA Linga OLO will be sending: store pick up address, customer address, pick up time, delivery time, total value of check through API call to DoorDash. DoorDash, in turn, will send their pickup time, delivery time, and delivery fee for the specific order.
Step 2: Delivery Validation
After the delivery is estimated, the delivery validation will be done. For this LINGA Linga OLO will be sending: store pick up address, store phone number, pick up instruction, customer address, customer phone, customer email, delivery instructions, total value of check, tip value (if applicable), number of items, and item names to DoorDash for specific order.
If DoorDash confirms the order is not valid, then a relevant error message will be shown in Linga OLO . The user can rectify the same and place order again.
If DoorDash confirms the order as a valid order, then the user will be able to place the order.
Step 3: Order received at POS
Once the order is placed in Linga OLO , the order details will be sent to the POS. This will be available in the New Tab under Phone Order. There will be an option to select the order and request for DoorDash driver. Multiple selection is not possible here. When an order is selected and a DoorDash driver is assigned, then a message will be displayed stating, “DoorDash request sent successfully.
If the DoorDash request is already sent and the user again selects the order and clicks on Request driver “DoorDash Driver Request Sent Already.”
Direct store phone order cannot be selected for assigning a DoorDash driver. In case the user selects a direct store phone order, the system must throw error stating “DoorDash driver can be assigned only for online orders & not for direct store orders and other online aggregators.”
DoorDash orders cannot be edited. The below options must be displayed as done for other online aggregators.
Menu option - Void Item, repeat, discount, open item, open discount
Check option - Tax exempt, discount, open item, gift card, void
Step 4: Delivery Creation
Once the POS requests for a driver, this request will be sent to DoorDash through Linga OLO . Now the delivery creation takes place, which is where DoorDash will be sending available driver details like ID, driver name, and phone number to the POS through Linga OLO
Near the drive status column there will be a car icon which if clicked, a pop up will appear showing the driver ID, driver name, driver phone, and driver status. Here the delivery time and pick up time will also be shown. This car icon will be available only for delivery orders, not for pick up orders.
An option to Cancel driver will also be available here. The user will be able to cancel a driver till the minimum closet time (based on DoorDash decision to accept cancellation).
A message will be displayed stating “DoorDash Driver Request has been cancelled” if the DoorDash order has been cancelled, then a “No Driver assigned” status will be displayed against the order. The user can again assign DoorDash driver or a store driver.
If DoorDash is not accepting the cancellation request, then a message will be displayed saying “DoorDash Driver Request cannot be cancelled.”
If the DoorDash driver is assigned to an order, then there will be marker in the driver status column stating the DoorDash driver below along with the respective status.
If a store driver is assigned, then this request cannot be cancelled and reassigned to DoorDash driver. The message “Store driver has already been assigned & DoorDash driver cannot be assigned” will be displayed.
Implementation in POS:
Page Navigation: POS >> Phone order >> New
Once the delivery is created, then the driver name will be shown in the driver column with the indicator DD-Driver name to identify the drivers that are assigned from DoorDash.
The below status will be captured in new tab
· Driver confirmed
· Driver enroute to pick up
· Driver confirmed store arrival
Once the driver has picked up the order, then the order line item will move to the Out tab.
When driver is not assigned the screen will display not assigned in driver status
Page Navigation: POS >> Phone order >> Out
Once the driver has picked up the order, the order line item will be moved to the Out tab.
The below status will be captured in the Out tab.
· Driver picked up
· Driver Enroute to drop off
Note: When an order is picked up, it shows the order pick up time and estimated delivery time.
Page Navigation: POS >> Phone order >> Complete
Once the driver has delivered the order to the customer, then the order line item will be moved to the complete tab.
The status below will be captured in Out tab
· Driver confirmed consumer arrival
· Driver dropped off
When an order is picked up and delivered, it shows the Order pick up and order delivery time.
When the order is completed, the system should not allow the user to reopen the check.
1. DoorDash is applicable only for Linga OLO orders and not applicable for call center orders.
2. Only if DoorDash drive toggle is selected in BO setting for store the above workflow will be applied. In this case the delivery fee will be provided by DoorDash which will be updated in total value of the check. Irrespective of the store requesting for DoorDash driver or not, the DoorDash delivery fee will only be applied. Also, since the DoorDash delivery fee is applied, the delivery zone-based fee configured in Back Office will not be applied to the check.
3. If DoorDash drive is not selected, then the system will work as in process and delivery zone-based fee configured in Back Office will be applicable.
4. This is only for web and not for orders from other online aggregators (Urban piper, Chowly, etc.)
5. Cash on delivery option for online orders must be disabled if DoorDash is enabled for the store.
6. For all of the DoorDash drive enabled stores, the default tip of 20% will be pre-selected, irrespective of tip configured in the Back Office.
a. If the store has configured a customized tip, then along with that 20% it will also be displayed. This 20% will be preselected.
b. If the store has configured customized tip & if 20% is one of the customized tip options, then this 20% will be preselected.
c. In addition, the user can select any other customized tip other than 20%. In this case, the 20% tip option must be removed.
d. The user can deselect the tip and place the order with no tip option as well.
7. After assigning DoorDash driver, the store will not be able to cancel order. In case the user tries, a message will be displayed stating, “You cannot cancel the order since DoorDash has assigned driver.”
8. In the Out tab, the user cannot use the arrival button, in case the user tries to use the button, a message will be displayed stating, “You cannot use arrival for DoorDash order”
9. The user cannot use the void button, in case the user tries to use the button, a message will be displayed stating, “You cannot void the order since DoorDash has assigned driver”
10.The Delivery Fee should be available in the Order detail page. After placing the order, the sample screen is shown below.
When delivery is created
When driver is confirmed
When driver has already another order which is to be delivered one the way)
#Driver confirmed store arrival
When driver has arrived store
#Driver picked up
When driver has picked up the order
#Driver confirmed consumer arrival
When driver has arrived at deliver location
#Driver dropped off
When driver has delivered order to customer
Delivery pending return
When customer has requested return & return initiated in POS
Driver confirmed return arrival
When the returned product picked & arrived at restaurant
Driver dropped off return
When the returned product returned to restaurant
When store cancels the order
When driver tried to Reach customer location but unable to contact customer)
Delivery supplied parking details
When driver Reached store & spotted at parking location
Delivery post tip received
When driver has received physical tip
#Driver enroute to pick up
When driver is on the way to restaurant to pick up order
#Driver enroute to drop off
When driver is on the way to customer address to deliver the order
Driver enroute to return
When driver has picked the returned product & is on the way to restaurant
Customer cancels the delivery
Phase 2 Requirements
1. Assigning DoorDash driver for direct store phone orders.
2. Showcasing the driver status in Linga OLO .
3. Reports should include DoorDash details for orders which have used the DoorDash service.